FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I found a lost / abandoned dog, what do I do?
- I found a lost / abandoned dog. Can HOPE take it in?
- I noticed a stray dog, what do I do?
- I have old towels and dog items, can I donate them?
- I want to foster a dog, what do I do?
- I want to adopt a dog, what do I do?
- Inform all vet clinics with a description and photo of the dog you found. Also, include the location and the date / time you found the dog.
- Inform AVA / SPCA should the owner attempt to locate his/her dog at these places.
- Place a FOUND DOG notice within Straits Times and Zaobao (free-of-charge).
- Place posters of the dog with description and photo in the area you found it in.
- Take the dog to any vet to scan for microchip that may contain its owner's details (free-of-charge).
- Photo of found dog
- Location where dog was found
- Date / Time dog was found
- Breed / sex of dog
- Was dog wearing a collar when found? What colour was the collar?
- Contact name / number for owner to contact
Please note that you do not have the right to rehome a dog immediately after finding it, especially if you have made no efforts to find the rightful owners and reunite the dog.
I found a lost / abandoned dog. Can HOPE take it in?
HOPE does not manage a physical shelter so we can't take the dog in. You can either hold the dog temporarily in your own home or ask a friend to help. Alternatively you may wish to board the dog at a boarding house / kennel or approach one of the other animal shelters for help.
I noticed a stray dog, what do I do?
Is the stray in any distress? Does it look injured or in any visible pain? If it does, please do contact us and we will assist.
If it doesn't look to be of any danger, we usually leave strays alone as they are often happy where they are. Not all strays want to be rehomed. Some are happy with their freedom.
I have old towels and dog items, can I donate them?
If you have any old towels to donate, the towels have to be washed clean and dried before you send them to us. For leftover dog food, please ensure that it is not expired and properly packed and sealed. For any other dog items, please ensure that they are washed and disinfected before sending them to us.
Do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with details on quantity, weight, type and we will get back to you on where you can drop the items off.
Unfortunately we do not have the manpower to go down and pick up the donated items from you.
I want to foster a dog, what do I do?
Foster dogs may sometimes come with behavioural / emotional issues, skin problems, etc. The foster's role is to love, teach and nurture their foster dog into a more adoptable dog. They don't often come with the knowledge of basic commands or paper trained.
I want to adopt a dog, what do I do?